Summary: The Receptionist and Operations Administrator provides professional, comprehensive reception service to staff, members of the congregation, and the public at large and provides administrative support to staff.
Hours/Status: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Reports to the Facilities Manager & Operations Lead and works closely with Communications and I.T. Administrator.
- Proactively greets and connects guests with the appropriate staff and/or resources.
- Answers phone, responds to inquiries, oversees and maintains the phone system, and acts/serves as the point person for staff.
- Ensures office security by following procedures, monitoring logbooks, and issuing visitor badges.
- Processes benevolence applications, acts as the liaison between applicants and the benevolence committee, and provides administrative support for benevolence.
- Helps prepare and processes support approved benevolence applications.
- Ensures security cameras are operational and recordings are being saved to the hard drive.
- Complies with procedures, rules, and regulations on keeping a safe and clean reception area.
- Receives and sorts mail and packages.
- Monitors and orders office supplies as needed.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Tenth database (resolving duplicates, updating profiles, etc.).
- Assists clients with making appointments for the annual tax clinic.
- Updates and manages the staff meeting calendar.
- Updates and prints weekly service programs.
- Ensures and orders adequate supplies for Sunday services, including coffee, tea, cups, and cookies, etc.
- Ensures all staff areas are kept clean and orderly, including the lobby, lounge, kitchen area, and staff offices.
- Provides orientation to new employees regarding the reception and front-of-house procedures.
- Assists the Families team by processing new volunteer applications.
- Submits and uploads background checks for new volunteers.
- Performs reference checks for new volunteers.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Pastor such as:
- Meeting set-up.
- Administration regarding Donor Relations.
- Supports the Operations Team with administrative tasks such as:
- Oversees Health and Safety program.
- Works with HR and Facilities Manager to ensure all policies and procedures are in place.
- Manages facility resources and bookings.
- Human Resources:
- Assists in human resources administration including employee file, background check, and HR file maintenance, Bamboo HR data maintenance, annual sign-off, and clergy residence deduction.
- Helps coordinates staff events including ordering food and drink, contacting and coordinating with contractors, and setting up and tearing down necessary event materials.
- Coordinates staff birthdays and anniversaries.
- Executive Assistant:
- Provides vacation coverage.
- Assists and provides support during busy seasons.
- Assists with the quarterly giving letter.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in an administrative/office management or receptionist capacity is a must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams, and Office 365 (including MS Teams).
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, and proven administrative abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Must possess the ability to work with and keep information confidential and a proven ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Possesses an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity.
- Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people.
- Passion and ability to work in a diverse multi-cultural, multi-site, urban environment.
- Detailed, self-starter, and a team player.
If this describes you, then come do great things with us at Tenth!