You are an adaptable self-starter who is passionate and has a heart to serve people while providing customer service excellence. You can think quickly on your feet and resolve difficult situations. You are a detailed team player and excel in multi-tasking and organizing. You are comfortable with technology. If this describes you, then come do great things with us at Tenth!
As part of the Operations team, you will provide professional, comprehensive reception service to staff, members of the congregation and the public at large.
Tenth Church is a vibrant multi-ethnic, multi-generational, and multi-site church located in the heart of Vancouver. Our vision is to be a community where people of all different backgrounds can discover Christ, experience spiritual transformation, and seek justice for all.
If you want to learn more, keep reading for details.
Ways You Will Contribute:
- Proactively greeting and connecting guests with the appropriate staff and/or resources in a friendly and professional manner
- Answering phone, responding to inquiries, overseeing, and maintaining the phone system, and serving as the point person for staff
- Ensuring office security by following procedures, monitoring logbooks, and issuing visitor badges
- Managing the lobby and staff office area including monitoring and ordering office supplies as needed and ensuring and ordering adequate supplies for Sunday services, including coffee, tea, cups, cookies, etc., ensuring the staff areas are clean and orderly, receiving and sorting mail and packages, and managing the VOIP phone lines and printers
- Processing benevolence applications, acting as the liaison between applicants and the benevolence committee and providing administrative support for benevolence
- Assisting in maintaining and updating the Tenth database (resolving duplicates, updating profiles, etc.)
- Updating and printing weekly service programs.
What You Bring:
- Previous experience in an administrative/office management or receptionist capacity is a must
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams, and Office 365 (including MS Teams)
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, and proven administrative abilities
- Proven ability to work independently and work collaboratively with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Must possess the ability to work with and keep information confidential and a proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Possesses an authentic, growing faith in Christ and spiritual maturity
- Relational and outgoing, with a passion for connecting with people
- Passion and ability to work in a diverse multi-cultural, multi-site, urban environment.
This is a full-time position that works 40 hours per week.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At Tenth Church, we are dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of the multicultural communities in which our sites reside.
Learn more about us at Tenth Church | Church in Vancouver, BC